Please click HERE to view the official notice for the public hearing and proposed budget.
Notice of Public Hearing
Proposed Budget for Fiscal Year 2015-16 (FY-2016)
Urban Renewal Agency of the City of Caldwell Idaho
A public hearing, pursuant to Idaho Code 50-1002, for consideration of the proposed budget for the fiscal year that begins October 1, 2015, and ends September 30, 2016, will be held in the Community Meeting Room, in the Caldwell Police Station 110 5th Ave., Caldwell, Idaho, at 12:00 p.m. on September 1, 2015.
Click to view the official notice of filing deadline
The candidate filing period opens at 8 AM on Monday, Aug. 24th. The deadline for filing declarations of candidacy is Friday, Sept. 4th at 5 PM.
Read the official notice HERE.
Questions? Contact Debbie Geyer, City Clerk at (208) 455-4656.
Police Chief Chris Allgood
Read the press release HERE .
News: "Caldwell population hits 50,000-resident milestone"
Read the article from the Idaho Press-Tribune here. (May 25, 2015)
The City of Caldwell - Code Enforcement
We all work together to make Caldwell a beautiful community. The City of Caldwell's Community Development Department would like to remind you to be proactive in tending to the appearance of your community. If you become aware of any violations to the city code click here.
Common Violations of Caldwell City Code:
- Abandoned Vehicles – inoperable or unlicensed vehicles parked on the street, on your private property, or business property open to the public.
- Trash and Debris – trash and debris must be removed from all premises.
- Semi-Trucks with Trailers – Not allowed to be parked on any residential street or alley, other than for loading and unloading cargo.
- Graffiti – Owners are responsible for removing graffiti from their property.
- Weeds – 8 inch high maximum. Owners are responsible for weed maintenance to the middle of alleys and ditches and out to the curb or pavement on streets.
- Commercial Property Appearance - All commercial property and structures must be kept in a neat, orderly and clean condition to include landscaping. Accumulation of dirt on or about a building is prohibited.
- Dogs - Only three dogs per residence are allowed within city limits and each dog requires a license. Dogs are not allowed to run loose or bark excessively.
Join Caldwell on Nextdoor!
- Nextdoor gives neighbors an easy way to receive important information quickly, like safety issues or natural disasters.
- Nextdoor is the free and private social network for neighborhoods.
- Nextdoor makes it easy for neighbors to establish their own virtual neighborhood watch, which is vital in strengthening community and combating local crime.
- On Nextdoor, neighborhoods create and self manage private neighborhood networks that are accessible only to residents of that neighborhood.
- All residents must verify that they live within the neighborhood before joining Nextdoor.
- The City of Caldwell, Caldwell Police Dept. or Caldwell Fire Dept. will not be able to access residents’ websites, contact information, or content.
- Information shared on Nextdoor is password protected and cannot be accessed by Google or other search engines.
- Nextdoor’s mission is to help residents bring back a sense of the community to their neighborhoods, and Nextdoor is helping neighborhoods in Caldwell and across the country build stronger, safer places to call home.
Join us! Sign up for an account today!
"Sounds of Summer" is a charity event to be held on August 29th at Stewart's Bar & Grill beginning at 7PM. All proceeds will be donated to Advocates Against Family Violence, which operates Hope's Door. James &Rochelle Barrett and the Almost Dangerous Band will be featured musicians. Advance reservations are recommended but not required. Click here for more information.
News: Mayor's Office Makes Proclamation of Re-commitment to Full Implementation of the ADA (7/6/15)
News: Boise-based global shoe company Telic brings manufacturing to Caldwell (via the Idaho Statesman): Click here
City Updates: Most recent City of Caldwell Engineering Department projects - Click here
City Hall Hours: 7:30 AM - 5:00 PM | Closed Holidays (Location: 411 Blaine St.)